Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Sock!

I made a sock! I made a sock with this pattern from a knitty issue, and a little help from this site when things got confusing. I didn't graph the toe, the pattern called to decrease to 8st and then just pull yarn through. Next time I'm going to try and graph so that the toe doesn't come out quite so pointy. The lovely sock model is Megan's Seahawk Monkey (who was banned from all Seahawks games because he is bad luck), stolen quietly while she was sleeping off a fever. This sock probably would have worked pretty well for a 9month-ish baby and showed off the shape of the sock better but since I didn't have one of those on hand, monkey.

The one side is pretty wonky from where I picked up stitches on the side of the heel flap. I slipped all my stitches knitwise and then when it came time to pick them back up thought maybe i shouldn't have done that.

The other side is better but it has a ridge on the inside where I think I probably picked up one too many rows in.



But it's a sock, and look, it has a heel and everything. I am so proud.

No comments: