Sunday, March 4, 2007

DOOM!

So the Misti DK 4ply is on my shit list. While it is still super soft, snugly, and generally begs to be rolled around in naked - it is a bitch to knit on bamboo circs. Maybe it's the circs I'm angry at really, I'm not sure, but I am definately annoyed at one of the two.

I swatched for the J hat of doom (JHOD) and cast on last night and maybe I just cast on too tightly but the first row was a bitch, the stitches were nearly impossible to see what with being so small and black, and I managed to split nearly every stitch. By the second row things were easier but only because the stitches were so loose it looked like I was knitting lace. Half way through the third row, I frogged the whole thing.

So frustrating.

I think maybe I'll save the Misti for some other project, maybe socks on smaller metal needles, and use the other yarn I've been coveting from my LYS - a thicker alpaca blend, also black for the JHOD.

I'm not holding my breath for a response, since I'm pretty sure I'm all alone here, but does anyone happen to know how to explain a cabled cast on to me?

xo,
Emily

No comments: