Friday, March 2, 2007

Diamond in the Rough

So I thought I would take a picture of my stash, which is humble, holds no sock yarn, and has several skeins of acrylic which I hate so much I might never knit anything out of them at all. I'm also warning you that I don't own that umbrella thingy that makes the nice little yarn cakes so some of my yarn looks unusable. There's a system, trust me.

The four balls on the top right are my favorites. The right most, black yarn cake is DK 4ply Misti Alpaca (80% baby suri alpaca and 20% silk) destined to be a hat for Mister J - hopefully sometime before he has to pack it away for next year. The blue next to it is beautiful, Dive Fiamma (100% wool) - a scant 55 yards that I have no idea what I'm going to do with but it's pretty. Next to that - Cascade Quatro (100% wool) to become a hat to match the basket weave scarf I made my roommate in the same yarn. She's demanding. Last but absolutely not least is my favorite stash yarn to date - 138 yards of Manos del Uruguay in color 114. It's beautiful. I donno what I'm going to make of it yet but I'm leaning towards a ear flap hat for myself.

So there you have it. It's not impressive but it has potential. Diamond in the rough, dontcha know.

What's your favorite yarn to work with?

xo,
Emily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.